Tuesday, July 31, 2007

This day in music history.

July 31, 1964, Jim Reeves died when the single-engine Beechcraft he was piloting crashed during a thunderstorm near Nashville, TN. Jim had over 50 top 40 hits on the country charts and 6 top 40 cross over hits. At the time of his death his song "I Won't Forget You" was climbing the charts.
I Wont Forget You by Jim Reeves
I know that I won't forget you
For I've loved you too much for too long
Though you don't want me now I'll still love you
Till the breath in my body is gone.
That's how it is with me and you'll always be
The only love I ever knew
I'll forget many things in my lifetime
But my darling, I won't forget you.
That's how it is with me and you'll always be
The only love I ever knew
I'll forget many things in my lifetime
But my darling, I won't forget you...