Friday, June 29, 2007

This day in music history.

June 29, 1975, Tim Buckley died of an overdose of heroin and morphine. Born Feb. 14 1947 in Washington DC. Tim was a poet with an incredible voice but he suffered from depression and addictions for most of his adult life. During his life he released 9 albums, after his death he has released at least 10. Tim was married for 2 years in the mid 60s and had a son named Jeff Buckley. Jeff was a talented singer/songwriter as well but he drowned at the age of 30. Three months before his death Tim Buckley told an interviewer "When an artist finally comes through all this mess, you hear a pure voice, We're in the habit of emulating those voices when they're dead."
Blue Melody by Tim Buckley
Well I was born a blue melody
A little song my mama sang to me
It was a blue melody
Such a blue
Youve never seen
There aint no wealth
That can buy my pride
There aint no pain
That can cleanse my soul
No
just a blue melody
Sailing far away from me
One summer mornin
I was raised
But I dont know
One summer morning
I was left
But I dont know
One summer morning
So all alone
Late in evening
Ill sing in your dreaming
Down from the mountain
Along with the breezes
So close inside
Love grew smiles
So if you hear that blue melody
Wont you please send it home to me
Its just my Blue melody
Callin far away to me