Wednesday, May 02, 2007

This day in music history.

May 2, 2006, Keith Richards was released from hospital in New Zealand after he suffered a concussion from falling out of a coconut tree while on vacation in Fiji. He was airlifted to Auckland's Ascot Hospital for observation, where he underwent a brain scan. They didn't find anything.
Monkey Man by The Stones
Im a fleabit peanut monkey
All my friends are junkies
Thats not really true
Im a cold Italian pizza
I could use a lemon squeezer
What you do?
But Ive been bit and Ive been tossed around
By every she-rat in this town
Haven't you, babe?
Well, I am just a monkey man
Im glad you are a monkey woman too
I was bitten by a boar
I was gouged and I was gored
But I pulled on through Yes,
Im a sack of broken eggs
I always have an unmade bed
Dont you?
Well, I hope were not too messianic
Or a trifle too satanic
We love to play the blues
Well I am just a monkey man
Im glad you are a monkey,
monkey woman too, babe
Im a monkey
Im a monkey
Im a monkey man
Im a monkey man
Im a monkey...