Tuesday, January 30, 2007

This day in music history.

January 30, 1956, Billy Lee Riley is in the (Sun) recording studio recording his biggest hit "Red Hot." Playing piano on this track is Jerry Lee Lewis. Along with Roland Janes and J.M. Van Eaton, Billy Lee was a member of the Sun session band and played on many of the classic sun releases. Billy played harmonica, guitar, bass, and drums.
Red Hot
My gal is red hot
Your gal aint doodly squat
Yeah, my gal is red hot
Your gal ain't doodly squat
Well, she ain't got no money
But man, she's a-really got a lot
Well, I got a gal, six feet four
Sleeps in the kitchen with her feet out the door,
but
Well, she walks all night, talks all day
She's the kinda woman who'll have her way,
but
Well, she's the kinda woman who louds around
Spreadin' my business all over town,
but
Well, she's a one man's woman,
that's what I like
but
I wish she wasn't gonna change her mind everynight