Tuesday, October 31, 2006

This day in music history.

October 31, 1993, Tupac Shakur is arrested and charged with shooting two off-duty police officers in Atlanta. The cops were harassing a black motorist, when Tupac stepped in one of the cops drew his gun which prompted Shakur to shoot them (one in the leg, one in the ass). Unfortunately for the police both officers were drunk and carrying stolen weapons from an evidence locker. All charges against Shakur were dropped.
Excerpt from Hail Mary by Tupac Shakur
I ain't a killa but don't push me
revennge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
Picture paragraphs unloaded, wise words quoted
Peeped the weakness in the rap game and sewed it
Bow down, pray to God hoping that he's listenin
Seein niggas comin for me, to my diamonds, when they glistenin
Now pay attention, Rest in peace father,
I'm a ghost in these killin fields,
Hail Mary catch me if I go,
let's go deep inside the solitary mind of
a mad man who screams in the dark,
evil lurks,
enemies,
see me flee
Activate my hate,
let it break,
to the flame
Set trip,
empty out my clip,
never stop to aim,
some say the game is all corupted,
fuck this shit,
stuck,
niggas lucky if we bust out this shit,
plus momma told me never stop until I bust a nut,
fuck the world if they can't adjust.
It's just as well
Hail Mary.