Monday, May 29, 2006

This day in music history.

May 29, 1997, Jeff Buckley disappeared in the Mississippi River, his body was found on the 4th of June after being spotted by a passenger on a tourist riverboat. Jeff was born in California's Orange County in 1966, his father was Tim Buckley the folk singer. Tim died in 1975 from a heroin overdose. "Grace" was Jeff Buckleys first and only complete studio album. In 2005, Q magazine readers voted "Grace" the 13th greatest album of all time.
Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley
quoi quest ce que cest
what what's this
Quest ce que cest piaf
what is piaf
Ah Paris
manger beaucoup le fromage
ah Paris
eat a lot of cheese
La la la la la last goodbye...
This is our last goodbye
I hate to feel the love between us die
But its over
Just hear this and then Ill go
You gave me more to live for
More than you'll ever know
This is our last embrace
Must I dream and always see your face
Why cant we overcome this wall
Well, maybe its just because I didn't know you at all
Kiss me, please kiss me
But kiss me out of desire,
babe, and not consolation
You know it makes me so angry
cause I know that in time
Ill only make you cry,
this is our last goodbye
Did you say no,
this cant happen to me,
And did you rush to the phone to call
Was there a voice unkind in the back of your mind
Saying maybe you didn't know him at all
You didn't know him at all,
oh, you didn't know
Well, the bells out in the church tower chime
Burning clues into this heart of mine
Thinking so hard on her soft eyes
and the memories
offer signs that its over... its over