Thursday, May 25, 2006

This day in music history.

May 25, 1996, Bradly Nowell, lead singer of the group Sublime, dies of a heroin overdose in a San Francisco hotel room. Born Bradley James Nowell in 1968. As a young boy Nowell was diagnosed with ADD and was prescribed Ritalin. He formed the band Sublime in 1988 after quitting collage. They released two albums and had just finished recording a third when Nowell died. The album was called "Sublime" and would be their biggest hit. Bradley Nowell died two days after his marrage to Troy Dendekker, she once said "Nowell was very happy and pleasant to be around when he was under the influence of substances, but when he wasn't under the influence Nowell could be very difficult". Bradleys dog (Louie or Lou Dog) was cared for until he died on September 17, 2001.
What I Got by Sublime
Early in the morning risin' to the street
Light me up that cigarette and I strap shoes on my feet
Got to find a reason a reason things went wrong
Got to find a reason why my money's all gone
But I got a dalmatian
and I can still get high
I can play the guitar like a mother fuckin riot
Life is too short so love the one you got
cause you might get runover or you might get shot
Never start no static I just get it off my chest
Never had to battle with no bulletproof vest
Take a small example A tip from me
take all of your money and give it up to charity
Lovin's what I got It's within my reach
And the sublime style's still straight from long beach
It all comes back to you you're gonna get what you deserve
Try and test that, you're bound to get served
Love's what I got Don't start a riot
You feel it when the dance gets hot
Lovin', is what i got, i said remember that.
Lovin', is what i got, i said remember that.
That's why I don't cry when my dog runs away
I don't get angry at the bills I have to pay
I don't get angry when my Mom smokes pot,
hits the bottle and goes back to the rock
Fuckin and fighting it's all the same
Livin' with Louie dog's the only way to stay sane
Let the lovin come back to me
Lovin', is what i got, i said remember that...