Thursday, March 09, 2006

This day in music history.

March 9, 1997, Notorious B.I.G. ( born Christopher George Latore Wallace ) leaves a "Soul Train Awards" party, while he was returning to his hotel in Los Angeles another car pulled up along side his Suburban and opened fire. Four shot's past through the side door where Notorious B.I.G. was seated. Biggie died at a near by hospital, he was 24 at the time. The crime has never been solved and to this day police have no suspects. The album he had released was called "Ready to Die" it is regarded as one of hip-hop's all-time classic albums. His second album "Life After Death" debuted at #1 on the charts. The album was released only two weeks after Biggie's murder.
excerpt from Dead Wrong by Biggie Smalls
...Relax and take note
While I take tokes of the marijuana smoke
Throw you in a choke
Gun smoke gun smoke
Biggie Smalls for mayor The rap slayer the hooker layer
Muthafucka say your prayers
(Hail Mary full of grace)
Smack the bitch in her face
Take her Gucci bag and the North Face off her back
Jab her if she act
Funny wit the money Oh you got me mistakin honey
I don't wanna rape ya I just want the paper The Visa Kapeesha
I'm out like the vapors
Who's the one they call mister macho
The head honcho Swift fist like Camacho
I got so Much style I should be down wit the stylistics
Make up to break up
Niggas need to wake up Smell the indonesia beat
you to a seizure
Then fuck your mom hit them skins to amnesia
She don't remember shit just the two hits
Her hittin the floor and me hittin the clit
Suckin on her tit
Had the hooker beggin for the dick
And your moms ain't ugly love my dick got rock quick
I guess I was a combination of House of Pain and Bobby Brown
I was humpin around and jumpin around
Jacked her then I asked her who's the man
She said B-I-G then I bust in her E-Y-E
Yo Big your dead wrong (I don't care what nobody say)
Your dead wrong (I don't care what nobody say)
Your dead wrong(I don't care what nobody say)
We gotta do things right ...