Friday, February 24, 2006

This day in music history.

February 24, 1992, Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love are married in Waikiki, Hawaii. Courtney was pregnant with the couples daughter (Frances Bean) at the time. Kurt and Courtney first met in 1989 at a Nirvana gig in Portland, Oregon. Courtney admitted that she was immediately attracted to Kurt. They would not become a couple until 1991 when Courtney sent Kurt a box full of twigs and dead leaves backstage during a Nirvana concert, Kurt said it was the sweetest thing anyone had given him. The pair were married on a cliff, Kurt was wearing pajamas and Courtney was wearing an old dress that once belonged to Seattle actress Frances Farmer. Kurt didn't want it to be a big ceremony, as he was afraid he would cry. At the end of the ceremony he cried.
Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana.
She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your Heart-Shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
your advice ..
Man-eating orchids forgive no one just yet
Cut myself on Angel Hair and baby's breath
Broken Hymen of your highness
I'm left black
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back...