Thursday, February 16, 2006

This day in music history.

February 16, 2003, "Get Rich or Die Tryin" by 50 Cent made it to No.1 on the US album chart. It was his debut album.
excerpt from U Not Like Me by 50 Cent
See, I done been to the Pearly Gates, they sent me back
The good die young, I ain't eligible for that
I shot niggaz, I been shot, sold crack in the street
My attitude is gangsta, so I stand some beef
You wanna get acquainted with me, you wanna know me
From 3 point range, with a glock, I shoot better then Kobe
See a nigga standin' next to me, he probably my Co-D
See a bitch gettin in my whip, she probably gon' blow me
See the flow is like a 38, it's special yoooooo
A country boy tell ya, I'm fittin' to blowwwww
I'm more like a pimp, then a trick, you knowwww
See, I'm in this for the paper, I don't love the hooos
Niggaz broke in the hood, worried about mines
Grown ass men, wearin starter piece shines
You know them little pieces, with the little stones
Got little clientele fiends call your cell phones
When the gossip starts, I'm always the topic
You too old for that shit dog, why don't you stop it
Shorty, I been watchin you watchin me
Now tell me what you like more, my watch or me
Haha
If you get shot and run to the cop
You not like me
You ain't got no work on the block
You not like me
It's hot, you ain't got no drop
You not like me
Like me duke,
you not like me