Wednesday, February 08, 2006

This day in music history.

February 8, 1990, Singer Del Shannon shot himself dead with a .22 calibre rifle. Born Charles Westover on December 30, 1934. He took his last name from his favorite wrestler "Mark Shannon" he got his first name from his favorite type of car, the "Cadillac Coupe DeVille". He recorded "Runaway" in 1961, the song became an international hit.
Runaway by Del Shannon
As I walk alone I wonder
what went wrong with our love
A love that was so strong
And as I still walk on
I think of the things we've done
together
While our hearts were young
I'm walkin' in the rain
Tears are falling and I feel the pain
Wishing you were here by me
To end this misery and I wonder
I wawawawa wonder
Why
wawawawa why

she ran away
And I wonder were she will stay
My little runaway