Tuesday, September 13, 2005

This day in music history

September 13, 1976, Peter Frampton's 'Frampton Comes Alive" goes gold (500,000 sold). A double record set, it was recorded in San Francisco in 1975. The album was a surprise hit, shooting to the top of the charts. It become one of the most popular live albums ever released. It would eventually go platinum (1,000,000 sold) 6 times.
Do You Feel Like We Do? by Peter Frampton
Well, woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand.
Whose wine? What wine? Where the hell did I dine?
Must have been a dream I don't believe where I've been.
Come on, let's do it again.
Do you...you, feel like I do?
Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand.
Peached up, Peached Ale, never fails.
Must have been a dream I don't believe where I've been.
Come on, let's do it again.
Do you...you, feel like I do?
Do you...you, feel like I do?
How'd ya feel?
Do you...you, feel like I...

DLAK note:...I just had a flashback...