Wednesday, September 07, 2005

This day in music history.

September 7, 1996, Tupac Shakur and Marion Knight are shot while in Las Vegas following a Mike Tyson fight. Tupac died after 6 days in critical condition. He was pronounced dead at 4.03 pm on September 13th his body was later cremated. He was 25 years old. The crime has never been solved. The shooters were in a white Cadillac, they pulled up on the passenger side of Knights car and fired 13 shots. Tupac was hit 4 times. He was taken to the University Medical Center. When Tupac was being wheeled in he was screaming, "I'm dying, I'm dying!"
Excerpt from How Long Will They Mourn Me
It's kinda hard to be optimistic When your homies lying dead on the pavement twisted
Y'all don't hear me doe, I'm trying hard to make amends
But I'm losing all my muthafuckin friends (damn) They should've shot me when I was born
Now I'm trapped in the muthafuckin' storm
How long will they mourn me?