Saturday, August 13, 2005

This day in virtual obscurity.

Zombies
Everything still living I eat, raw.
Everything dead already is of no consequence.
Mindless, I live to kill and eat.
Thoughtless, there is no future no past no love.
Just an instinctual need to consume and continue.
I feel no pity, you are not hated you are merely food.
Its not personal you see, just business.
I fear nothing and will stop only when my brain is disconnected from my spine.
You hear the back door open,
for a split second you convince yourself that it is someone you know,
someone you trust.
You hear me shuffle closer, first my legs then my body come into view.
I see you hiding in the corner, your mind races with fear
but you have left yourself no way out.
I slowly shuffle towards you, outside the rain and wind mock your screams.
I bend and as I come close for my meal you smell my cursed breath
and it is then that you recognize me,
I am you,
and you are what you eat.