Sunday, July 31, 2005

This day in music history.

July 31, 1970, The Rolling Stones have to deliver one more song to fulfill their contract with the much hated Decca Records. They hand over the song, 'Cocksucker Blues', presented as a single. Decca refuses to release it on the grounds that it is obscene. The Stones laugh it off as they are now free to form Rolling Stones Records. The Stones first release on their new label would be the 'Sticky Fingers' LP. The album would go to number one on the charts and would sell 6 million copies.
Cocksucker Blues by Jagger/Richards
Well, I'm a lonesome school boy and I just came into town
Yeah, I'm a lonesome school boy and I just came into town
Well, I heard so much about London I decided to check it out
Well, I wait in Leicester Square with a come-hither look in my eye

Yeah, I'm leaning on Nelsons Column but all I do is talk to the lime
Oh where can I get my cock sucked? Where can I get my ass fucked?

I may have no money, but I know where to put it every time
Well, I asked a young policeman if he'd only lock me up for the night

Well, I've had pigs in the farm yard, some of them, some of them, they're alright
Well, he fucked me with his truncheon and his helmet was way too tight
Oh where can I get my cock sucked? Where can I get my arse fucked?

I ain't got no money, but I know where to put it every time
I'm a lonesome schoolboy