Saturday, June 18, 2005

This day in virtual obscurity.

This weekend we celebrate fathers.
Time, space and motion. Earth, wind and water. Within every bad poet is an even worse philosopher. I stopped a leak in the back hall. It was an easy enough fix, makes me wonder why it took me two years. hmmmmm (maybe she did have a couple valid points... oh well.)
They say the early bird gets the worm but that didn't work out to well for the worm did it? It really didn't pay for him to get up early. I guess it pays to know your place on the food chain and set your alarm accordingly.
So anyway I watched my neighbors unload and assemble one of these bad polly vinyl imitation wood, fake well lawn ornaments. (It has to be from Wal-Mart) you know if you looked you would see 'Made in China' stamped on the bottom of it.
They have placed it in the center of their yard like an alter to the god of white trash, a celebration of their bad taste. Perhaps they will sacrifice democrats on it. Whatever happens over there this weekend there will surly be a cookout. I cant wait to hear what the soundtrack of my weekend will be, my bet is on 'REO Speedwagons greatest hits' The conversation might go something like ... "Hey Bob did you see our new polly vinyl imitation wood, fake well lawn decoration? It was 9.99 at the Wal-Mart." "Imported all the way from China now that's a real sweet deal." Hell yes I seen it Martha , that would match up fine with our Mexican pulling a burro statue. I'm a gonna go get me one tomorrow." Hey Billy Bob how's dem antennas workin out fer yah?" "Martha get me another beer, Yeeeeha! lets go find us a Democrat"...Riding the storm out...