Sunday, June 26, 2005

This day in music history.

June 26, 1977, Elvis Presley plays his last concert ever at the Market Square Arena in Indianapolis. He is in poor health but in good spirits during the show. At one point he tells the audience "I don't know what your all so excited about cause I only know three chords". While singing Bridge Over Troubled Waters Elvis has to read the lyrics to the song. In less then two months Elvis would be found dead . That night he played the following songs...
."Love Me", "Fairytale", " You Gave Me A Mountain", "Jailhouse Rock", "O Solo Mio / It's Now Or Never", "Little Sister", "Teddy Bear", "Don't Be Cruel", "Release Me", I Can't Stop Loving You" , "Bridge Over Troubled Water", "Early Morning Rain", "What'd I Say", "I Really Don't Want To Know", "Hurt", "Hound Dog", and "Can't Help Falling In Love."