Saturday, June 04, 2005

This day in music history.

June 4, 2000, Eminem's third album hit No.1 on the US album chart. 'The Marshall Mathers LP' is considered by some to be offensive because of its lyrical content. Reading the lyrics today its hard to see what they were so upset about.
Some excerpts taken from the song "Amityville"
get lifted and spin til I'm half-twisted/Feet planted and stand with a grin full of chapped lipstick ...
Drink gin til my chin's full of splashed whiskers/hash, whisky, and ash til I slap bitches...
I fucked my cousin in his asshole, slit my mother's throat ...
My little sister's birthday, she'll remember me/For a gift I had ten of my boys take her virginity ...
We don't do drivebys, we park in front of houses and shoot/and when the police come we fuckin shoot it out with them too
Cause once I snap I can't be held accountable for my acts/and that's when accidents happen/when a thousand bullets come at your house/and collapse the foundation around and they found you and your family in .